Stuart R. Friedman, MS, LMHC, LMTh, Certified Hakomi Therapist, Certified Somatic Experiencing Practitioner, Certified Biodynamic CranioSacral Therapist
Stuart has been working in the field of mind-body psychotherapy and healing for the past 40 years, with training and certification in:
- Hakomi Body-Centered Psychotherapy (emphasizing the developmental approach to transforming limiting core embodied beliefs - www.hakomiinstitute.com)
- Somatic Experiencing (emphasizing the neurophysiological approach to trauma . www.traumahealing.com)
- Hellinger Family Systems (emphasizing the inter-generational effects of trauma on the family and its individual members).
He maintains a Massage Therapy license in NYC and Florida, with training in:
- Biodynamic Cranio-Sacral Therapy
- Jin Shin Jyutsu
- Polarity Therapy
- Applied Kinesiology
- Yoga Therapy
while incorporating mindful touch to help clients access cellular memory and release psychological and physical trauma from the soma, organs, nervous systems, and fluid body.
Oftentimes, coming right out of the unconscious movement patterns of one's body, there are meditative self-touch experiences, exercises and maneuvers that can be practiced in between sessions that parallel, anchor, and sustain the psychological gains that have occurred.
When working with individuals, couples, groups, and supervisees, Stuart incorporates:
- the teachings of Emotionally Focused Couple's Therapy (Sue Johnson's present-centered, attachment-based approach to corrective emotional expression with couples)
- the Modern Analytic school of group therapy (emphasizing present-centered corrective emotional expression between therapist and patient or members in a group)
- Jungian body-centered dream work
- the integration of Pia Melody's work in the field of codependency, addiction and recovery
For all the reasons people come to see him, Stuart finds that including mindful awareness of bodily sensations and movement patterns greatly enhances the effectiveness in working through resistances to achieving one's goals.
Through integrating psychological, physiological and spiritual principles, Stuart sees himself as one who invites the soul to return to the body and to live as fully and as genuinely as possible in the present moment, while effectively communicating one's feelings, needs and wants based on deep knowledge of oneself and knowing who you are communicating with.
Through establishing safety, trust and the cooperation of the unconscious, we can move through old wounds and shift core beliefs that sustain them.
Through trust which builds internally, both in our relationship and with others, we can bring forth a relaxed and heartfelt sense of ease, authenticity, humor, compassion, and love into our lives - while incorporating more satisfying and realistic beliefs that can positively change your very way of being in your body, your emotions, your thoughts, your dreams, and your life.
I welcome you on your journey of transformation and transcendence.